Sunday, July 5, 2009

South Central Farmers Co-op. Holy crap!!



About a week ago I decided to do some research into local farmer co-ops.  Google came back to me with a few options, the first of those being the South Central Farmer Cooperative.  For a minimum donation of 15 dollars a week, you will be able to pick up an enormous box of vegetables from one of many farmers market locations in the los angeles area.  I chose the Hollywood Farmers Market, located off of Vine and Sunset.  

So I woke up today, feeling like it was Christmas morning , and rushed to the market to pick up my first box.  And after struggling the two block back with the enormously heavy mystery box (might want to take this in consideration when you are picking up), I was headed home to discover the contents. (I didn't let myself peek until I carried the box into my kitchen).  

Words cannot describe.........

Beets, 4 different types of squash, butter lettuce, kale, carrots, green onions, tomatoes, potatoes, green beans, a cucumber, and okra. (I am almost certainly leaving something out).

So now I think I am going to spend the rest of the day cooking!  I will post some recipes shortly....

-nora

1 comment:

  1. I am seriously drooling. Especially those beets. I can't wait to do this.

    ReplyDelete